Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Grumbles for EvilGoogleBlogger

Grmmm... Every time I click a link in Blogger, it makes me log in again. New Blogger has a short attention span. New Blogger is speh-shul.

I've forgotten my train of thought now...oh! I know - Welcome back TSEliotOldtimer! So you finally saw the Pacific, hm? Isn't it grand? And think, you were only 6 hours from my hometown, although granted at this time of year you wouldn't want to go out on the beach for fear of your life. (A bit stormy, the Oregon winters.) Yes, Oregon is just exactly like SanFran, but with fewer street mimes, more wild animals, and the advantage of not being politically chained to everything south of Santa Barbara. The New York Post (or Times, I never get those two straight) called Oregon's Rogue River Valley "the new Napa." So you see, Oregon is superior in several aspects, and I shall probably be moving there soon, and you should all come and visit me.


(*end paid endorsement*)


B-vet, welcome to the board! Our virtual house is your virtual house. Are you in Utah? Are you from Utah? Why did I think you were from the Midwest? I think it's admirable that you deign to allow 6-year olds to challenge your manliness with such good humor. A complete lack of dignity and a complete lack of knowledge....hmm. Have you considered politics? (That was an easy stab. I should have said "Miss America.") So, what are you doing, anyhow? I think I coexisted with you for, like, three weeks on the farm, so we have much catching up to do.

Huzzah. For once the airline pricing trolls cooperated with me and allowed me to buy a reasonably priced ticket. I'm going to Ecuador in a month! Ray! My friend Jess needed company to go visit her friend who lives down there, and since I've got the whole rainforest/Spanish speaking thing going, I offered my services. This will be my third time to Quito. I'm afraid I'm not being very fiscally responsible, but my passport is getting cold with disuse. Y tambien mi agente se aman los quesos dulces.