Oh, how I miss Gould's 1-person conversations...
I really haven't heard enough of them since I retired from the crazyperson/resteraunt business.Wow, it sounds like everyone is traveling a lot. Seattle and the Appalachians sound like a blast. Right now I'm looking forward to a trip to Michigan with some friends and a trip to Arizona with family. We're also planning to go to Ireland in summer of '08. If any of you feel like traveling my way, my mom has about 8 beds in her house. True, there's not much to do in Elgin, but if you're ever accidentally in the area, feel free to ring me up.
Hooray for spring break! Yesterday my grandma, mom, and I went into Chicago to see Spelling Bee, which is probably the greatest thing ever. In case you poor sheltered farm people haven't heard about it, it's a musical about... a spelling bee. The characters are all the most socially awkward overachiever elementary school kids (played by adults, but it still works) that I've ever seen. For instance, one of them, "William Barfee" (pronounced Bar-fay) has a rare glandular disorder. He also spells every word out on the ground with his "magic foot" before he spells it out loud. Before the show, they interview audience members and choose four to be in the show and participate in the bee, where many improv jokes will be made at their expense. In case that doesn't sound fantastic enough, James Earl Jones II plays a man doing his community service as the school grief counselor. So go see it if you get a chance! You don't want to miss the "unfortunate erection" song!
So, I have a boyfriend. If you can believe it, he is not creepy, a jerk, socially inept, or named after a woodland creature. I met him through my best friend, we've been dating since New Year's Eve, and we just became "official" or whatever a couple of weeks ago. He's the guy in those pictures I posted awhile ago. Oooh, wait! I have new ones:


Isn't he cute?
Yay!

<< Home