What-kind-of-Saving Time?
So, I guess I can be happy that when I walk to dinner in the early evening, the sun hasn't set yet, and the sky is still a little bit blue. But as far as I'm concerned, this whole early daylight saving time has meant only one thing: for the third time in six months, I'm walking to work in the dark. When winter began settling in to park its frosty ass over the Berkshires in October, the sun disappeared until after 7 am. Then, thankfully, we turned our clocks back so that the 10 hours of daylight we had left got spread more evenly over the day. But, oh so not-slowly, the sun realized the trick we played on it and started sleeping in again. And for good measure, it decided to set at 4 pm. Thank you, New England, for 8-9 hours of daylight. Well, Spring is trying to make a comeback here in Monterey (I hope), and what did we do? We thumbed our noses at it by docking ourselves an hour. So, I once again walk to work in the frozen dark at 6:30 in the morning. At least I get to slog up a muddy hill.But it's not all bad; the temperature is rising (we're expecting temps in the 50's this week!), the snow is melting, and the capillaries in my nose aren't threatening to dry out and crack anymore!
KT, sorry about your getting turned around on the way to Colorado. It looks like you ran into some friendly people, however. What's going on in the Emerald City, anyhow? And what are you doing going back to Colorado? How long will you be there? Should I come visit? I'm going to Michigan in May, so I should maybe see another new state and make it an even three. Of course, Oregon would be new, too.
OOOHH! If you want to taste something fantastic (and by fantastic, I mean orgasmic), simmer 1/4 cup of honey with 4 teaspoons of water and a sprig of bruised rosemary, and then let it steep for 15 minutes. Drizzle it over orange slices. You may even have to go to confession afterward.
Ok, I gotta hit it now; the Big F gave me the afternoon off and I've already spent the extra time... sitting in front of a computer. I need to hit up the three-mile before I'm in planning meeting city until dinner.
ciao
Post Script: If anybody feels they need to shake things up a bit, I highly suggest borrowing your neighbor's miniature pinscher. Especially at bedtime when she curls up around your legs under the blankets. Where can I get a puppy that can take care of itself while I travel? If anybody has answers, I want them now!

<< Home