Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dust and Spiders

Hmm, let's see. Smooth = involuntary (ie stomach), striated = voluntary (ie biceps), cardiac = duh? (the heart). That's about all I remember. That and sodium/potassium channels. It never really came in handy in field research. I'm much more of a behavioral ecology kind of gal. 8')

Funny you should bring it up, though, because the last several days I've been wading through my college-aged boxes repacking everything, and I've come across loads of old notes and blue books. It's fun to look over them, because sometimes in the note taking process I complete flipped out and just wrote AAAAAA-CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! (These were mostly my bio/chem notes.) Every class folder has one thing in common - I've got doodles all round the edges making snide comments or else interacting with the subject matter in some interesting fashion, such as the cells in my molecular biology diagrams donning military uniforms and forming into chanting, cheering mobs and going to war against some poor planarian on the opposite page. I begin to suspect that I chose the wrong major.

Cool beans about your teacher strike, C. Is this, do you think, a good thing? Will it mean more work for you later in the year? And for why do they treat our poor, poor teachers so crappilarily? Things to think about late into the night as I suffer a round of bad Chinese food...