More incoherence
Oh! Oh! As long as we're talking in incoherent thoughts, let me throw in a bunch of random things. My last post was also the result of travel giddiness and made me forget several things was going to say. But first - nice picture, Tiz! Glad you made it to the Center. Did you take time to ride the Monorail? Have you made it to the Underground yet? If not, and if you have another day, go on down to Doc Maynard's pub and have a looksee.TSO, I meant to say in response to your post that I luuuuv the shift in time! For me, it meant I got another hour of daylight to drive in. All us night owls are cheering the new status quo. I'm sorry you have to slog up in cold and mud and snow in the dark. Now that I'm not driving anymore, we can go back to daylight savings if you'd like. (Or are we in daylight savings? I always get those two confused.)
And Seattle, to fill in the blanks....Tizzy and GFGroupie and my own humble self spent the day together in Pike's Place Market, where we shared in several long slabs of alder-smoked salmon belly, sampled many fine bits of jerky and honey and random produce, and tried not to get separated from each other in the chaos. We put quarters into ever machine that would take them, including a mystical fortune teller, a penny-press, a player piano, a one-armed cowboy (who told me quite convincingly to "expect a present from a poor orphan with a glass eye"), and a replica of Uncle Sam (who told GFG that he was a "Romantic"). The last three of these were down in Ye Olde Curiosity Shop, a place on the piers that's been there since time eternal and is crammed full of the most bizarre odds and ends imaginable - two mummies, a flattened walrus face, fleas dressed in wedding attire, shrunken heads, a mermaid, giant geoducks, etcetera ad infinitum. Best of all, I had my first Seattle coffee in years and - glory be! - actually got a short when I requested it.
Then GFG and Tiz and Max went a'hunting at the Flying Fish Market and we had a glorious feast of Chinook salmon. It was the first time I've ever eaten raw strips right off a salmon fillet. We kids were always warned that to do such a thing would cause immediate peril. But that was before the dawn of sashimi.
Didn't mean to steal any stories from you, Tizzy, but I didn't want to leave the rest of the Topsiders in the dark. I love the game you invented for Max and Margie. Max repeated one story at least three times while I was there, and I heard Margie tell the one about your dad and her wedding photo twice. No worries. Think of how much more I know about you now! You have an interesting family.

<< Home