Sunday, February 25, 2007

"We clap at most anything..."

Wow, I feel like this blog needs a good dose of cynicism right about now. Too bad I don't have any to share... Well, I mean, I always have cynicism to share, but nothing worthwhile about which to write. I guess that's just as well; I wouldn't want to spoil the "that's living" moments we've all had and are now remembering.

Thanks, Vet. That was a very nice sentiment. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I just threw up in my mouth.

But seriously, it's good to be reminded of such things. Just this evening, I was out playing a rousing game of broomball (everybody cheer!) and then, as the sun was setting (at 5:35, I might add. Yippee!), the sky took on beautiful shades of orange just above the pond and a steely, yet bright and deep blue over Orchard House. It felt very good to be alive and here. Follow that with community dinner of pasta with a fabulously rich cream sauce that my heart will be paying for in my forties, and then the oscars in the TV room with 20 of my nearest and dearest. Ahh. I think I'll dye an egg tonight.