Thursday, January 03, 2008

malaga is gross

Hi guys. Thanks again to my German friends for making my holidays wonderful! I made it safely back to Spain and am now in Malaga. It's kinda nasty here. The city is huge and it's raining right now, but the hostal I'm in is pretty cool (Picasso's Corner: check it out if you're ever here), and I'm thinking of going to a Flamenco show tonight. Or a teahouse. I dunno. But tomorrow will probably be a tour of the historic sites of this giant mess.

I'm starting to get a little weary of this traveling thing, and I'm not sure what it means. I know I'm not interested in going home yet, but I'm starting to get anxious to not be abroad anymore. Any thoughts? I still have 20 days in Spain, and the first five I'll be spending sight-seeing. I'm not really into the tourist thing, so maybe that's all that's up. We'll see what happens when I get to my next and final farm. It sounds like it might actually be what I was hoping for in the WWOOFing business; who knows?

Germany was great fun, and I hope to get back someday. I think it would be great to learn German and see some more of (at least) the Southwest in the other seasons. In winter, it was pretty gorgeous. There was snow and ice and mountains and forests. And all the little towns are so cute and clean! Ulm is a beautiful city. I climbed halfway up the cathedral tower and looked out over the town. I walked along the Donau River (the Danube) in the old Fisherman's village. One of the things that impressed me most about that country was the way old and new stand side-by-side in such a hip way. The old traditional buildings are well-maintained, and modern architecture is everywhere, but not intrusive. It's actually quite beautiful.

Ok, I'm out for now; I have to check out some places. Take care of yourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home