Monday, December 17, 2007

Something awful about the farm...

KT, I tried to think of something awful... here's as good as I can do...

It's approaching christmas and the residential team is super stressed and getting more and more toasted by the minute. Some of the people who are leaving are having panic attacks about seeing family. And many of the people who are staying are melancholy because they don't get to see their family. And no one is signed up to go on the Christmas eve service (which, incidentally, no one is signed up to drive).

But -- we have a pond with ice, what seems like two feet of beautiful snow, Eric and Laura playing violin / piano duets on christmas carols, trees that magically grow on the top of orchard hill, Bobs who magically shovel drives and chop and deliver wood for us, Benjamins who teach us how to laugh, Romas who teach us how to 'beller' and spell,...

Come back, y'all. I miss you.
My boyfriend and I broke up. I'm sad. And it was good (both the relationship and the break up).
I don't get to see my family for Christmas. I'm melancholy. But I also don't have to see my family for Christmas, which is in some ways a relief...
All in all, it's a time of great ambivalence, as I (along with many others) wait for the Christ who both has come and is coming... Perhaps then we'll get some clarity... or maybe not.

"Live the questions." Graham cracker for whoever knows the author of that quote and the next line (no fair using internet... and I really will send you graham crackers if you want... I'll steal some from Roma. She won't mind. Heh heh.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home