rain rain, go away
Hey, look at all those posts! Sorry about your eye, KT. Hopefully the excuse to talk like a pirate is worth the pain/discomfort.It's interesting to read about fall approaching in the northeast, TSO. It's still very much summer here. Besides the usual August heat and humidity we've had thunderstorms almost every day for a couple of weeks, two tornado warnings in three days, and now flash floods. This afternoon my backyard looked like a swamp, and my mom's basement flooded twice. People are saying this is the wettest summer we've had in thirty years. And do we even have a sun anymore? The Midwest is wondering where it went.
Was there a summer volunteer who had a boyfriend who moved to Japan? Sorry I don't know her name. I ask because my boyfriend was on some kind of web chat thingy and apparently met someone who just left the farm. He showed me a pic of her, but I didn't recognize her, though I hear she often talks about her boyfriend in Japan. Small world, eh?
I'm really excited because I just quit my job at this totally crappy restaurant I've been working at. Instead I got a job at Trader Joe's (do you have those anywhere else?) a cute little grocery store that specializes in odd/organic food. It's sort of like the GB co-op, except it's not a co-op, though the prices are really good. It's really small, with a colorful, fun atmosphere. And they pay $9 an hour. I think I'll like it.
School started on Monday. I think I like all my profs, but I'm a little bummed cuz my friends are going back to school (in other states) this weekend. Speaking of my friends, my best friend in the whole world got her very first tattoo. It's Princess Peach on her left shoulder. I guess that's better than getting a Koopa or something. Her boyfriend really likes it, but then again he wants to name their first child "Sonic." Ahhh, this reminds me of the endless Mario games during one of Topside's happier times. They would have fit right in.
TSO, I hope you got my email. I just got that address and I'm not sure if it works.
Goodnight, all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home