Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Also bad with titles

Hey Star,
Those are great folks to get in the blogging mode, onward ho! Plus, you still see them on a regurlar basis, I can't mosey on over to a table and just mention it.
I have two very random things I ran accross recently. First, I had no idea I could put my own photos on stamps. Apparently this is a feature that you can do at Stamps.com. I was unaware until my Sister let me know that this evening. Maybe I'll try it sometime...

Also alerted to me as I tried to figure out how much it costs to send a postcard to Germany, ahem, 90 cents, ahem, there is a list of what you cannot send to other countries. My sister and I looked through it for almost an hour. Included in what you cannot sent to Germany are Absinthe, Human Remains, Pulverized cocoa beans, and playing cards, except in complete decks, properly wrapped. Playing cards??? Check out this page, I couldn't believe it. If my mind served me right, and it did as I just re-looked at it, In Jordan, you can't send through the mail : Advertisements concerning treatment of venereal diseases or medicinal preparations intended to serve as preventives against those diseases.

In Canada:An issue of a publication in which more than 5 percent of its total advertising space is primarily directed to a Canadian market and which indicates:
Specifically where goods or services may be obtained in Canada, or
Specific items or conditions relating to the sale or provision of goods or services in Canada.

Who comes up with this stuff and why....

Anywho, I'm job searching here in the 100 degree heat of Missouri. We're heading on three weeks now of this particular heat. Getting me a job that will take me through the Spring. Joel is hoping to have a job locked in for after graduation by the end of October and then I'LL KNOW WHERE I'M LIVING NEXT YEAR!!!! I'm a bit anxious and excited. We've narrowed it down to a few states, and from there we'll take it step by step.

I'm in the midst of a contest at the moment. $90 to the winner and $30 to the runner up in a pool of 6 contestants trying to be the biggest loser in a competition lasting 4 months based on three categories.

Joel just called, I'm going to talk to him for now as he's in PA, but I'm glad to see that the posting on this blog is making a come back!!! Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home