Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Plopside

Yeah, hearing about all that was strange. You would think a group of adults all committed towards one common cause could find ways to work out their differences. You would think...

I think a lot of problems stem from inexperience or, at least, the inability to change. I was a horrible roommate for my first year-or-so of college, made some nasty mistakes, fought battles that didn't need fighting, like whether or not one should rinse out the milk carton before throwing it away... But then flash forward to the future, where I can see where the bad roads lead before I go down them. Mostly. Still am a sucky housemate at times, I'm sure.

Not that this is relevant, but all you singing-type people, last Sunday I got a quartet together to sing a fun forgotten hymn I found in an old Methodist hymnal, "The Call For Reapers." It caught my eye because of "reapers," which, you know, makes me think of skeletons in robes bearing scythes. The song was not about skeletons in robes, however, but rather a call for workers in God's field. Really fun harmonies, and catchy as.

The best part? I got to sing tenor! (Which, in person, I would be saying as, "teeeeh-nooor!") Yeah, take that, your treble clef pansies! If only I could sing all four parts at once, like that sad sad whale from the old Disney cartoon...