Oh Topside, My Topside
They're changing things. It's a good thing, but it makes me sad. Let me explainTopside has fallen into... disrepair? Disuse? The long and short of it is that it was a mess. That's what made me sad. So there was a movement started by German #2 to clean up its act. That's the good thing.
But let me tell you how weird it feels to visit that house and see everything change. The big rugs in the living room are gone. The kitchen, which had become pretty nasty, was nearly empty-- all the cupboards had to be evacuated and sterilized. The shelves are becoming more barren each time I go over there. It's a shake up!
And all I keep saying when I'm there is, "I remember when we used to cook dinners and breakfast for each other here! I remember when we got these rugs. I remember when people cleaned the kitchen and living room on a regular basis. Ok, so nobody ever did dishes, but some things have to stay the same, no?"
It's so strange to me to see that house change so much. And not even the physical environment; the personnel are such a loose group. Gone are the tight-knit bonds of yesteryear. Sometimes I wonder if they even like each other there.
But it all went down that way when I first moved in, too. Then, when my first housemates started moving out and newbies moved in, we stormed and normed all over again.
So, guys, come back and see it. I bet you'll be weirded out. I gotta move away, I think, to get over it. ;-)

<< Home