Life is Good
Yes indeed.Well, I already visited the farm once as an alum, so I reckon I'm set for at least another 9 months. I would love to come back again, especially for Butternut's cheap snowboarding. I'm about to have my first go at sandboarding here on the coast. I'll keep y'all posted on how many injuries I incur.
Starpilgrim, I figured everyone would want to start something like GF close to home, and that if a bunch of us ex-farmers got together to do it, that would be the first point of debate. But where I can make a good case for the Northwest is that there's absolutely nothing like GF west of Michigan. That's a whole lotta country with no therapeutic community. (I even checked on the ARTA homepage.) The Southeast is strapped for water and farmable land, so makes the Northwest prime. There's such a need for it out here, it might be possible to get support from organizations throughout the entire region.
Plus, we won't be underwater for several hundred years.
I certainly gravitate towards loony ideas, but nothing has shown me that this one's impossible... yet. Difficult, yeah. I have paltry people skills and absolutely no head for finances, animals and the like being more my thing, so I don't think I could pull it off without teaming up with like-minded folk with different strengths. But a girl can dream, right?
As to TopsideGF, I'd love to get as many people on and chatting as possible. I think everyone who has worked on the farm shares a unique connection that should not be squandered or forgotten. Is it possible to say that one has friends enough? Invite! Invite! But that is only my own opinion - the community voice rules.

<< Home