Offspring of Led Zeppelin?
You didn't bring the conversation to a screeching halt, TSO. I haven't posted because I thought I'd let someone else get a word in edgewise. And if it makes you feel any better, I only smack the ones I love. Yes, I'm a sucky friend.Besides, "goodbye forever?" What about our Topside reunion in Hawaii? We can make it happen, I tell ya.
I guess my thoughts about the last few posts can be summed up with my own personal need to create a perfect (or as close to perfect as you can get on this earth) mini-world around myself, something I would never have to say goodbye to. It used to be a vision of a house, but now it's expanding, evolving. Life for the introvert (me!) becomes a series of advances and retreats; the desire to reach out to others, the withdrawal after overextending. Back and forth, like the tide. Maybe this is just the ocean girl in me.
B.v, the three biggest obstacles to a "new farm" that I see are money, people, and vision. Without money or energetic people, it could never happen, but having a lot of either would cancel out the need for the other, mostly. Vision, that's a tough one. If a genie granted me such a place, would I recreate it in the pattern of Gould Farm, or tailor it towards a different need? The blanket mission statement in my mind, which covers a host of possibilities, is "a healing rest from a hurting world." (Where I would beat people with billy clubs, for that is what I do.)
These are distant musings, mind you. Thank you for the offer of help. My major anchor to reality at the moment is that no one ever made such a place all alone, not even the venerable Mr. Gould.
Man, the farm does all these fun things after I leave. Poo. Is this the first on-farm contra since my St. Patty's Day dance? I'd be there in a heartbeat, if the dang country was a little smaller.

<< Home