Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Eat the Weeds

I'm not interested in solving the Farm's problems right now. I'm not interested in starting my own Farm, either.

I'm interested in ranting about saying goodbye. I'm tired of it. Goodbye to KT, goodbye to Clemmy, goodbye to Wirgin, goodbye to Tizzy and Groupie. Goodbye forever. And there are more goodbyes coming.

You know, I once thought that my staying here would be good for me for all the partings. And I guess it has been. But it hasn't made them easier; it's made me realize that I'm just going to feel them as intensely every time. What I needed was those intense feelings, I guess. And now that I know that about myself and about the nature of parting, perhaps I'm ready to say goodbye, too.

But I know the feeling so well now that it scares me. What I mean to say is I miss you all, and I'm glad we're still in touch somehow. It's reassuring to know that you're still out there, thinking of me and remembering what we once did together, even if I can't see you or hear your voices.

Tizzy, I'll miss you.