Oh, Nostalgia
I still miss the place. I miss you all, I miss Topside, I miss doing back-dives into Lake Garfield. I miss the three-mile, and Roadside, and egg-dying and community meetings and the vicious rumor-mill. I miss smoking and drinking on the roof with Basti while we wait for the bats to fly out of the attic. I miss those music and art nights we had--the ones where we'd light the wood stove even though it was way too big for the small living room. I miss that strange smell in TSO's house. I miss walking through feet of snow, I miss clothing swaps, I miss gardening and our little avocado plants. I miss Boston and Maine. I miss sharing an entire communities joys and sorrows.I know I've moved on to some degree, but just typing the above paragraph brought a few tears to my eyes. Reading these last few blogs has made me realize just how big of a hole the farm has left inside my heart. I only hope that I have made as much of a positive impact on all of your lives as you have made on mine. Gaah, now I'm all tired and weepy and sappy.
Tizzy, good luck out there! I can't imagine the farm without you. No one else could gently but firmly coax people into doing dishes like you could. I'm sure you'll go on to do amazing, awesome things that will make the rest of us jealous. Is there a chance you could stop by Elgin if you're headed toward St. Louis? I hope so; it would be great to see you (and Groupie) again.
I should go to bed before this turns into a novel. Goodnight everyone!

<< Home