Some catching up to do
Hey All,Thanks to my cruel mistress....aka...the college of Veterinary Medicine, I am behind on posting. So I'll go backwards...from the most recent news and see how far back I can make it before I get distracted by a shiny object, finger cramp, or run out of ideas.
News flash: I should be on the Gould Farm sometime in the next three weeks. Planning ahead isn't necessarily my forte, so I'm not sure exactly when...I might visit it twice...stayed tuned for an update. How is this possible you ask? Well, let me tell you. First of all...I'll get out there via automobile providing that my faithful Corsica has another long trip in it, but there is also more to the story.
I have a couple of weeks off from clinical rotations soon. I won't really be off, I'll be doing a preceptorship (sort of like an internship) at a practice in Pennsylvania. (I can't spell, my bad.) It is a mixed animal practice and they do a lot of dairy work. The majority of their dairy clients are Amish and Meninite people with 30-80 cow herds. I'm pretty excited. The practice owner pretty much offered me a job if we get along. Here's the website if anyone has time to kill. www.blackhorseanimalhospital.com. So, who knows...I'll see how it pans out. But I couldn't be in the neighborhood (by neighborhood I mean less than a six hour drive) away from the Gould Farm and not stop by. I'm pretty excited for the preceptorship and the farm visit.
Last weekend Star P was in my neighborhood (and once again...by neighborhood I mean less than a six hour drive), so I hoofed it (and by hoofed it I mean drove my car) over to Illinois for her brother's wedding. It was lots of fun. I met A LOT of family and friends all at once..I was interrigated by many, many people, most of whom didn't try to disguise the fact that they were interrigating me. In fact, the fiestier family members came right out and said that's what they were doing. It was all in good fun and I enjoyed meeting everybody, though my new people threshold was close to full by the end of the night. There was good music, dancing, and great company. The rest of the weekend was much enjoyed and needed as well.
Hmmm...I must apologize...I am getting sleepy, I have more stories to share, and the ones I told probably could have been expounded upon and told better, but the energy to do so is fading. Maybe I'll be back soon to fill in some gaps. Take care out there, I think of you all often. Bearded vet out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home