Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You asked for it

Just for that Nevada comment, Clemmy, I'm going to make you fill in this blank:

Myosin II uses the free energy released when ATP is hydrolysed to move along actin filaments, constricting the cell membrane to form a _________. Continued hydrolysis causes this __________to ingress.

8'P

I had a possessed calculator once. It tried to do sums on its own when I wasn't looking.

TSO, I heard that Beth was coming to the farm. Is that why you're in such a delightful mood? You should invite her to the blog. (The more the merrier!) Of course, the big looming question in every non-farm person's mind is, who's in charge of the kitchen? Are you guys doing the co-leader thing, or are you Mr. Big Bad Bossman?

I don't know about musty smelling books, but we once had a whole garage full of rat-urine-stained books. Does that qualify? And now I have a mental image of you rocking on your front porch, whittling with soap until you turn old and gray. "Look!" young passers-by will say, "There's the Old Man of Gould Farm!" They will try to snap pictures of you through the maple trees without your noticing, and you will become angry and throw your soap at them and shake your cane, and they'll send food down to you on a wagon from Main House. Then you will go back inside and get another bar of soap from your soap pile and return to the rocker and mumble something about "life gives us lessons sent in ridiculous packaging." Yup.

I watched a red-tailed hawk catch a squirrel earlier today. He flew to a nearby telephone pole and started eating it piece by piece.

Hmm.

Pretty hawk.