Sweet Sunday Swing Shift
Well, I was going to sit down sometime and write a long and thoughtful entry, since it seems that's been the trend of late, but for lack of...uh...eloquence, I guess, I've been procrastinating. So you'll just have to suffer through my usual drivel, which will probably be less gramatically correct than usual, since I'm sitting here with my dad making occasional conversation which is splitting my attentions in two directions.Hooray! I am finally back in Oregon, by crickey, and it's about time too. I missed my homeland. I missed the tang of the oysters, the friendliness of the people, and the constant soaking downpour of the winter rains, like we've had all day today. I stepped out of the car for church this morning and suddenly remembered that in Oregon you have to wear shoes that are waterproof for at least the bottom three inches. What reminded me of this was the enormous lake of a puddle that I immediately stepped into, soaking me to the ankle. Ah, how I missed my soggy Oregon!
Sadly I'll only be here for another week before it's back to the snow and chill of Colorado. I'm at the whim of where my family chooses to spend the holidays.
Clem, I'm confused. You say the work is easy, but then you said the work was grueling. Well? Which is it? I'm glad you're enjoying it, at least most of you. (Not your armpits, but those aren't very important parts anyway.) Do you make it into downtown Boston very often? Will you be there to see their Christmas celebrations? That's one thing I regret; I wish I'd spent more time with BO. Too bad you're not there for longer, then I could come to see you and the town, and kill birds with stones...or something like that.
I'm sure I'll be through Elgin someday, but not this time. It's plane ticket all the way, baby! I have frequent flier miles I have to spend before they expire, so that's about that. I can wave as I go over, though.
SP, here are my thoughts on friendship. I think a friend is someone who you feel completely relaxed around, someone who you can dump out the contents of your head to without worrying about judgements or arguements, someone who has seen you cry or be a total jerk or stress out and still loves you just as much as before. I don't think a friend has to know everything about you, or has to be included in every single thing you do, but I think a true friend understands this and is okay with it. Friendship is about not doubting, not pressuring, not trying too hard. It's just appreciating each other for who you are.
True close friendships are rare. We are lucky to find one or two of these throughout our entire lives.
Oh look! I wrote a big long post and I didn't even try! I hope this doesn't discourage anyone from just writing:
"Hi! ;) whats hanging? yo, things R sweet here in the crib. peaceout"

<< Home