Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wildlife

I did a stupid thing today. I started packing up boxes while listening to BIQ2000. BIQ2000 is a CD, the result of me roaming around England my Junior year (thus "British Isles Quarter") with a hand-held tape recorder. I transferred the tape to CD, and now have over an hour of sounds from the British Isles - Big Ben chiming, soldiers marching, bagpipes in Scotland, the "Mind the Gap" message of the London Underground, conversations in pubs, angry Irishmen at a Gaelic football match. Listening to it all over again has now given me the desperate urge to go trek the UK.

Anyway, pictures. Here's one of me actually doing some work. (The things one does in exchange for free miniature golf for life...) (Oo, and I'm wearing my Lake Garfield shirt!)
















Here's Bobby, our new resident bobcat, who spent all afternoon sleeping in the yard:














And here's me with a very grumpy dog, circa 1920:






TSO, for the next goodbye party, might I suggest jello wrestling?