Friday, May 11, 2007

Open mouth, insert foot

Today in psych we were talking about how we make judgements about people based on first impressions. The prof showed us a picture of a wild-haired man screaming at the camera while being held by several police. He asked what we all thought of the guy and I said he looked like the unibomber. Turns out it was a picture of the professor in college. Well there goes my A.

Aaah, the last week of school. It's hard to force myself to stay in and study when the sun keeps telling me to come out and play. Right now we're in that short-but-wonderful period of late spring where it's not too hot, not too humid and not too buggy. Speaking of not too buggy, I hear we have a bee shortage. I guess this will mean less polination--> fewer flowers--> fewer future bees, etc.

TSO, I'm glad you're thinking of rejoining the world outside the farm. While I could say all sorts of snarky things about the other times you were "leaving," I won't. I know how hard it is to leave, and can only imagine what it's like for someone who's been there as long as you have. The farm is a wonderful place, but it's only one of millions of wonderful places in this great big world of ours. Decisions are easier to make than you think. Get off your butt and leave already.

That's it for Lindsay's pearls of wisdom for the day. Finals, here I come!