On Al Gore running for president:
"Al Gore's not eating like he's running anywhere. Maybe he should practice a little conservation at the dessert table." --Jon StewartSo poetic and insightful these last posts have been! I'll have to do something about that.
Well, finals are all over and the mad dash to find a summer job has just begun. I'm filling out an application for a restaurant that's right near campus, so working there during the schoolyear wouldn't be a total pain. Ooh, I just got those "this is the real world" shivers down my spine. Bleah. Enough about that.
I don't know what anyone else has heard from Wirgin, but I got a post card and a phone call, proving that he hasn't been killed in a soccer riot or something. Speaking of keeping in touch, TSO, yes, it has been a while since you and I have talked. What a brilliant observation! You know what? I think I know how to resolve that, but I'm not going to tell you. I'll let you figure it out on your own. When you do, call me.
My hero Jon Stewart was doing standup in Chicago (technically near Chicago) the other day and the BF and I got to go see him! His most repeated phrase: "Barack Obama will save us." I don't know what else to say other than he was hilarious and he's even more cynical in person. If only I could have cooked for him....
My best friend is home for the summer. Yesterday we went for a walk in some nearby woods. It was a lot like walking the three mile, only far more disgusting. We found a bullet shell, a cardinal's head, some guys playing paintball, male genitalia spray-painted on to trees, a half-burned playboy magazine, a shopping cart, a creek with orange water, and pot smokers. At least, those were some of the more interesting things we found. There was also a plethora of bottle caps, beer cans, gang graffiti, and cigarette packages. Aaah, nature.
Speaking of nature, do any of you people (KT) know anything about the 17-year cicada? Apparently they're due to come out in this area in a few days. It will be like Chicago's very own mini-plague! Wouldn't it be great if someone dyed the river red too?
I'm off! I was making noodles and they're way past done.
Peace out.

<< Home