A new friend
Aw, I miss Steve Snyder's sarcasm. I do not, however, miss Morning Meetings. (Missed enough of them when I worked, har har.) What? They have a Spanish table now? Phooey.Last night while I was whipping up some creamy portabello mushroom soup (everyone say, "Ooo, aaaw...") a black widow came crawling over the edge of the toaster. I didn't want to kill her, and I really didn't want to let her go immediately outside the house, so I've made her my pet. I've found online that there's a strange but healthy contingent of black widow keepers, referring to their charges with a passion usually reserved for sleek sports cars. I gave her a moth twice her size, and she rode it like a buckin' bronco until she had it under control. She's amazing, really beautiful. Any good ideas for a name?
Did you go help Bastian, Tz? I'm glad to hear he made the cut for Cow Milkers. Such an elite corp. By the way, anyone know his e-mail? I need to invite him to this thing. Anyone else's e-mail who wants to be on too.
Tz, what did you do in NYC? I miss it more than I thought I would! I'm toying with the idea of paying a visit in Jan, just a thought at the moment. But then, after reading all your buzz words I had to go chop some wood to make the bad man go away. You forgot put this on your radar. Hmmm...my memory's blocked out the rest of them.
Here in CO the aspens are all turning a brilliant yellow ("mountain gold," they call it), the elk are bugling, and the tourists are waning away. I still can't manage downtown on the weekends, but at least now I can bike to the gym without getting mowed down by traffic. A bear was frequenting our deck a few weeks ago, but I think he's gone down for hibernation. Thank goodness for Indian summers; when it snowed last Friday, I thought we were set for the winter!
It's the Feast of Michigan, N? Wow, now they give states their own feasts. I shudder to think what the Feast of New Jersey is like.

<< Home