Thursday, May 24, 2007



Hey Guys…
So, I just have never realized how much I could miss on here in a month without checking it. As I read through the posts, weeks go by. Bearded vet started and ended rotations all in one sitting. It’s like watching a movie on fast forward J So, life here in STL is interesting, different than the life at the farm, my life at the farm. Here, I am part of a family, we all just get jumbled together, there, I am my own person. I’m experiencing an odd feeling on that front. Here I sit, like birds in the wilderness… or at my table, and thinking that I only have 1 ½ more weeks left with my friends at the GF before it is goodbye forever. Brings tears to my eyes, literally. No use for figurativeness if it is actually true. I get to go back and say goodbye, that I’m leaving 80 people and the only life that I’ve known to be truly my own. How’s this for sentimental mush. Ok, I’m done. I can do it. I’m going to put on the confidant face of one who knows what they are doing and is going while the going is still good. As you might be able to tell, I’m sad about leaving, but if I don’t do it now, I could find myself there for awhile longer. I planned a few things for this summer to help me get over my sadness in going to visit Joel in Atlanta, GA where he is working for Coca Cola for a week at the end of June and a second trip to Hawaii in July. We’ll go for two weeks and visit Maui and Hawaii. Really, those two trips are going to get me over the farm, just the farm, I’ll need to go somewhere else really exotic to get over the people.
Anyways, thanks for all of the well wishes from near and far. It seems that after seeing a specialist here in STL, I will not be needing surgery and will get back in a couple of months full use of two fingers and at least ‘functional’ use of my ring finger. It may not be as it was before, but it won’t always hurt and will bend at some point! This is pretty good news, I’ll take it.
Weather here in STL is in the mid 80s and going down only as low as the 70s at night, it is a welcome change from the Berkshires where I need a sweatshirt each morning. Sorry, I’m not looking forward to that again.
BTW, I’m having an amazing time with DSL at my house and not being on dial up anymore.
And I really would like a laptop, at some point in life, that needs to be an investment.
Also… This is Pika, they are having troubles with overheating out in CO. Consider adopting one from afar at $5 a year. Only a days’ wages for those at the Gould Farm.

See ya…