Maybe I should check this more often... O:-)
Hello all! I just caught up with all the news since the 1st of December. OK. Hawaii is an amazing place and I want to go back and I want to share pictures with you all if you're interested. Photos.yahoo.com/iamitizzy should take you there for pictures of the two weeks. I'm hoping/planning to be able to make it back there in a year and a half. It's that crazy GF phenomenon where it's Thursday, but it is sooo my Friday. I opened with my lovely boss this morning (Nathan i hate you for making me experience that for only the second time in my career here but in the same breath I'm really glad you're getting this vacation and getting to see Beth and Ben, tell them I say hello!) and grrr... it was, well, blah! Can I say micro-manage, grow a backbone. I'm done. That's probably too much already. I should delete it... we'll just pretend that my delete button doesn't work and leave it there cause I may just need to vent to someone about it. :( On the flip side, I got to make homemade crackers and top pizzas and then leave a little early for him knowing I'll be around lots next week. I'm not sure he's so confidant I'll be fine. I'll be there plus 6-10 people who have equal or higher skills than well trained monkeys and IT WILL BE FINE. Freak out. Ok... So, I took a nap this afternoon hoping all this frustration would go away, perhaps I need to try a different strategy. Since I know the population that reads this, I feel comfortable writing about what's taking up my time. I'm apartment searching in State College. I'm not a fan of this whole process and all the details involved with renting and surcharges for x not being done... and freaky deaky needing to get the carpets and drapes dry-cleaned by approved places and handing over the receipt upon check out. wtf mate? So, there's that and not being able to talk about it cause the larger population doesn't know and doesn't need to know as of yet is somewhat difficult. When next I head over to State College, I'll be starting looking for jobs. Any one else think it's a little nerve wracking to sign a year lease without having secured a job for said time period? Happy Valentine's All!We got ourselves a nice winter storm here the past two days, and it's mighty cold out. Broomball out at the pond has been amazing, good enthusiasm for pick up games and it's great. I finally got my apt! I don't do much in it, it just provides a bit more of a cushion to the greater topside community. Sometimes, you just gotta have a lil space. Visitors are welcome :)
I hear you Star about being chilly. There are some nights when x being the amount of blankets needed to stay warm (comfortable)>amt of blankets owned. TSO, you may know what I'm talking about when I refer now to the crack in the wall in the kitchen. I've got one that opens up to the outside, little wonder that it's freezing in here. Is it Spring yet? Darn those cornhusks. I think lighting them on fire is really the only proper way of heating this place. Speaking of which, I bout thought we were all dead the other day. I found dryer lint IN the dryer tray that was nearly 2 inches thick. We'd've all burned up in our sleep seeing as all the smoke detectors still have the batteries out from the oven setting them off every time it's in use. I wrote a 'friendly' little note advising on the danger of this and hopefully that will change.
You know, when I read this, I remember why I like the farm. It's the people, some people. It's sometimes harder because some of the people you like are in a larger community now, they got better and left *ha ha*, or you know, it became time to move on. I miss you KT and clem, and wirgin should you chose to check this again.
Well, I think i'm off to tackle some reading, my battle against the moth - it's ongoing still, maybe putting away some laundry, playing babble: www.playbabble.com - new addiction (almost as bad as Snood was in college), writing emails, and trying to stay warm, you know, the usual laundry list... hehe... laundry list, i'm doing laundry... get it? Laundry? ...I make myself smile sometimes. Take care and I vow to check this more often!

<< Home