Thursday, March 08, 2012

No words, really.

Bearded Vet, I'm really glad you called me with the news when Bob passed away. I don't mind being out of the loop, but I hate being out the loop. Does that make sense? It's complicated.

I was reading your farm-tagged posts, ML, and when I came across the one about Roma turning 99 I thought, "Is she still alive?" So I went on an internet hunt to try to find out. I never got an answer.

Instead I came across the news that Fran and Ken W's son Craig died in August. Awful, awful. Did anyone else hear about this? If so, does anyone have Fran and Ken's contact info? Feel like I should say...something. Man.

4 Comments:

At March 09, 2012 7:13 AM , Blogger TSOldtimer said...

Hey Katie-

Yes, Roma died. A couple years ago now. We had a big memorial service in Main House with lots of people from the Farm's past. I'm sorry I forgot to mention it to you. She died in her room, I believe.

And yes, we heard at staff meeting about Craig. It was sad for a lot of people who knew him. I don't know Ken and Fran's contact information, however.

Bob who?

 
At March 09, 2012 6:13 PM , Blogger Monster Librarian said...

Yeah, Bob who? I freaked out for a minute thinking Bob R died!

 
At March 09, 2012 7:28 PM , Blogger Kt said...

Heath, the pig farmer. Maybe you guys didn't know him? He'd come every week and help the Farm Team out, tell stories and whatnot, swear like a sailor. He was a hoot.

TSO, didn't they mention anything about where to send condolences? I might email HR directly. Someone there must have an address for them.

You may have mentioned Roma to me. Did you? Maybe. It wouldn't have come as a surprise, so I might have just forgotten.

 
At March 10, 2012 5:25 PM , Blogger TSOldtimer said...

Oh yes, Bob Heath. I didn't realize you knew him. He'd been trying to die for years. He finally made it. A lot of people from the farm went to his funeral; the farm team, some clinical team people, and a scattering of others. I didn't realize Nate knew him, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home