Nostalgia everywhere
Oh, very recently! I didn't realize it had been such a short while. Well, that explains why you've been missing it lately. It's like the "seven year itch" but in reverse, and only two months.When I first starting working the wildlife research scene, every one of my coworkers (including myself) had some significantly defining job that had come before. Significant job was constantly referred back to, held up for comparison, used to tell stories, and so forth; it more or less framed every moment.
Before I came to the farm, I'd had my fair share of significant jobs. After I left, I had more. So the farm doesn't jump out at me for overall uniqueness, though it certainly had some unique things about it.
Which is all to say, I hope that, if the farm doesn't draw you back too soon, you'll eventually come across other equally amazing, wonderful places to live/work that have other equally amazing, wonderful people to live/work with!

3 Comments:
The Farm (as to uniqueness, etc.) to me will always have elements too dear...and without the home I grew up with and a family that has been disassembled and Frankensteined back together in some ways since my Dad's death...it is really what I think of as home for many reasons. That's why it stings and why I miss it so.
I am a fighter, and until I kick and scream and beat the crap out of something I can't love it...I don't think I will ever LOVE this library...but I need to try finding a different life to love for a while. Or forever, whichever comes first. I am still fighting falling in love with Cleveland, but you know, I kicked and screamed and fought the Farm when I first moved there so who knows? I may end up falling in love with *something* out here.
Remind me never to get you a kitten.
I really hope Cleveland will start to feel more like home for you. (I've heard it "rocks.") Most of my farm-like experiences have been jobs where I lived with my coworkers, and I know that's not the norm in the city. Living with coworkers accelerates the kinds of relationships that otherwise take a long time to form. Keep fighting! And remember that you have lots of people scattered around the country who care about you.
Thanks Kt. :)
I think choosing this apt. complex was a damning step--working here is one thing but living here too, not so good. Equate my city to Pittsfield and you pretty much have it nailed. I long for some other kind of living arrangement and this lease can't end fast enough!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home