Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yay, It Lives!!

Rah for revived blogs, ML! I mean, look at that long list of names over on the right-hand side there, all so terribly silent. I want to gather you all up in a great big armful and purr over you...but that would be weird.

Well, I DO happen to have big news, as a matter of fact, but I've only just gotten it, and I'm still in the midst of savoring it. Eventually I'll either put it on my blog (which I'm trying to kick back to life) or just out with it, for I am an impatient sort of person.

But here's what's happened since I last blogged regularly:

1. I worked on a big sailing schooner for two seasons, which pretty much severed all my contact with technology. (Yet made me intimately familiar with plankton.)

2. I went on a big trip to Europe, where:
  a. I had a major revelation
  b. I got trapped by an erupting volcano while I was visiting starpilgrim in Scotland (this probably requires more of an explanation)

3. I embarked on a two-year project, which has now resulted in my Big News.

4. I finally found a use for my stupid GF Americorps award (ha-ha! All that paperwork was worth it) by taking classes in Portland for a year, where I:
  a. unintentionally fell deeply in love in Portland
  b. unintentionally fell deeply in love with Latin
  c. had the Best Roommate in the Entire Universe
  d. biked a whole darn lot

5. I discovered that I'm pretty good with a .22, and now that I blow off steam regularly at the local shooting range, I can hold my head up high like I'm a real American...or something.

That's a good summary.

What about you, ML? Last I heard, a tree had crushed your cabin, then I checked back on your blog to find you'd left the farm! What's the story?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home