Friday, July 18, 2008

i don't know what to say to that...

Holy crap.  You're kidding, right?  They ALL left?  Why?!  Because of the admin rigmarole that's been happening over the last two years?  And why haven't I heard about any of this from my other sources?!

Hmm.  That almost makes me not want to talk about how wonderful my life is right here, right now.

I went climbing tonight.  A group of interns and one Island resident went down to the south end of Lopez, to a park called Watmough Bight for a picnic.  We snacked on dips, spreads, crackers, bread, and a bottle of wine.  Then we hiked to the top of a hill where I went rock climbing up a cliff face.  The view was amazing.  To the west were the Olympic Mountains, and Smith Island with its small light beaming out to sea.  To the south were more islands gleaming in the setting sun.  And all around was the most amazing view of the clear water in the bight, the forest, and the marsh at the foot of the hill.

I can't believe I'm here right now.  After a somewhat frustrating, event-filled, and wonderful first week, I feel like God has led me here to be joyful and to learn, not to be frustrated and feel stupid.

And now I wish I was there, solving all your problems for you.  Except I know that I wouldn't be able to do that if I wanted to.

By the way, who the hell is PhilEno?  Did the gardner grow another one?  Was this something I knew in February when I was there?

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2008 2:34 PM , Blogger Monster Librarian said...

Yes, Phillip is the gardener's and the daughter of the librarians new son. Ha ha ha...I love talking in code. Mwah ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home